"From the house of essie comes gel couture nail polish, an extravagantly sophisticated collection, crafted to perfection and fashioned to last. Designed with the haute vision of couture, the line presents 42 brand new colors with staying power that introduce luxury to your fingertips.
Inspired by fashion masterpieces and wrought by the finest maisons de couture, gel couture offers a rare 'glimpse' into the world of quality craftsmanship and artisty- from the atelier to the after party. With up to 14 days of wear, it's the connoisseur's sought-after collection that seamlessly blends technical innovation with incomparable style.
Perfect for both salon and at-home application, the instant gel-like shine is delivered in an easy 2-step system that anyone can master.
step 1: choose from 42 new essie shades with pure color pigments that lay down rich, streak-free color for a perfectly tailored fit.
step 2: finish with our cutting-edge, high gloss top coat. This quick-drying top coat helps protect color and magnifies shine for an ultra-glossy finish without a lamp.
essie gel couture unveils a stunning, luxury polish bottle inspired by covetable, twirling dresses of the runway. Its beauty is guaranteed to be the envy of front row fashionistas everywhere. The revolutionary patent-pending swirl stem brush with a tapered cut ensures perfect color application. Its meticulous design hugs the curvature of the nail. Now you can master the runway with instant gel-like shine and avant essie color." according to the official press release.
the 16 essie gel couture shades I have to share with you here include-
Rock the Runway: a bright firey cherry red cream. [fierce scarlet red]
2. Sit me in the Front Row: a deep magenta cream. [distinguished juicy raspberry]
3. Haute to Trot: a playful peony pink cream. [handcrafted lavender rose]
4. Model Citizen: a medium magenta cream. [flawless light deep pink]
5. On the List: a coral peach cream. [prolific tangerine coral]
6. Beauty Nap: a sage green cream. [dreamy gray-moss]
7. Labels Only: a medium lavender with a pink shimmer running through it. [lavish frosted sapphire]
8. Find me on a Man-nequin: a blue purple hybrid cream. [magnetic ultramarine blue]
9. Twill Seeker: a medium grayed out purple with an iridescent green shimmer running through it. [enchanting pewter with sage luster]
10. Model Clicks: a rich oxblood cream. [fashionable aubergine wine]
11. Gala-Vanting: a deep burgundy cream. [jovial marooned red]
12. Surrounded by Studs: a dark navy blue cream with slate gray undertones. [bejeweled blue]
13. Caviar Bar: an indigo navy blue cream. [magnificent deep navy]
14. Pre-show Jitters: an off white cream with slight pink undertones. [alabaster white]
15. Make the Cut: a pearlized taupe beige cream. It's so gorgeous and super unique in my opinion [pearlized nude greige]
16. Fairy Tailor: a semi sheer pink nude. You can see visible nail line through it. [sheer nude pink]
(all swatches shown here are 2 coats, and are taken outdoors in natural light).
I am absolutely in LOVE with this latest line from Essie. When I was first exposed to it back in April at the Nail Pro Pasadena trade show I was super impressed- the bottle, the packaging, the bristles, the brush, the pigmentation, almost everything about it.
I don't think I have ever used a polish that painted on more smoothly, evenly, or as easily as this does. The contoured brush bristles make painting near the cuticle area a dream come true. The revolutionary swirl design on the brush helps prevent polish dripage, which can be a huge bummer not to mention a complete mess.
The fact that the polish dries faster than conventional polishes is a huge plus not only for me as a tech, but more importantly for my clients who impatiently wait for their nails to dry. And if I am working on a set, this product line is an absolute dream come true.
The color offerings are perfect too. Not too many colors, but just enough to please everyone's taste and preferences.
The top coat is smooth, and pleasantly plump.
One of my biggest concerns was storage. I was worried that due to the beautiful shape of the bottles, I would have issues storing the polishes on my nail polish wall racks. Need not fear. The bottles fit perfectly, and aligned very beautifully at an elegant angle.
Some of my personal favorites include: Make the Cut, Caviar Bar, and Rock the Runway.
essie's gel couture nail polish retails at $11.50 per bottle and will be available at http://www.essie.com/gel-couture, fine salons and beauty destinations nationwide.